On Apr 26, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Yuri wrote:

Hi,

When I am tryig to play DVD disk:
mplayer dvd:// -sid 0 -vo xv -alang english -dvd-device /dev/acd0
all video comes up as scrambled, with big blinking squares as if MPEG2 is damaged or not decrypted correctly. But if I first read DVD content to disk mplayer plays the resulting directory ok:
dvdbackup -o . -M -i /dev/acd0
mplayer dvd:// -sid 0 -aid 128 -vo xv -dvd-device <dvd-dir>

I am using 7.0-STABLE and all my ports are up to date and I just rebuilt whole dependency tree of mplayer.

Anybody else is having this problem?

Yuri

Try using dvd://1 instead of dvd://, although I recommend installing lsdvd first to find out the most likely track to use.