Jonathan Chen wrote:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:07:44AM +0000, O. Hartmann wrote:
Hello out there,
my question may sound a bit weird, but the situation is as follows:

I use OpenLDAP 2.4 for authetication purposes within our lab's net and every user's account is of the objectclass 'posixAccount'. As we know, this class does not contain the attribute 'host', which belongs to structural class 'account' and both posixAccount and account are of type structural and therefore can not be mixed.

Is there really such a rule? There's an of examples in
O'Reilly's "LDAP System Administration" that has a mixed
"account" + "posixAccount" objectClasses for a node to implement
the situation of: One User and a Group of Hosts.

Well, simply try to include both structural object classes 'account' and posixAccount and you'll get a class violation - so it is here ...

Oliver

P.S. O'Reilly's book seems to be a little bit outdated, it reflects schemata prior to OpenLDAP 2.3 I guess and I use 2.4 by the way. I read many turoials mixin up both account and posixAccount but this isn't allowed any more with newer versions - as I understand.