** At 07:33 +0200 on 05/08/2008, Peter Boosten wrote:
Vince Sabio wrote:

Note if you choose to do this: scp'ing files becomes a four-step process (i.e., scp file(s) to intermediate server, log in to intermediate server, scp to destination server, delete file(s) from intermediate server). Still worth it, though.

Never thought of port forwarding?

Sure, but that would still leave my machines vulnerable to script kiddies. Since I rarely move files between my laptop and my server, the four-step process is not a big deal. If I did it more often, I'd probably cron up a script on the intermediate machine to move (and delete) the files for me.