Wojciech Puchar wrote:
software was upgraded as well which consists of MailScanner and Sendmail. Both had been keep up to date so it was not a jump in required resources.

The issue I am seeing is that my server load, under the same traffic load, has increased 4 times or more. Where previously we saw a high load on the servers of 5 to 8, we are now seeing 14 to 17. Since the upgrade Sendmail has begun to timeout connections.

do you feel that system goes slower?
i think it's just the matter of calculation method - 6.* may calculate it different way.

just change in your sendmail config the values in place of xx

define(`confQUEUE_LA', `xx')
define(`confREFUSE_LA', `xx')

as just accepting mail isn't a problem i set confREFUSE_LA very high

It is already set to higher than the load we see. I don't "see" sendmail refusing connections. What happens is I try to test sendmail from another server and the connection never completes. I'm knockin', sendmail ain't answering.

DAve

--
In 50 years, our descendants will look back on the early years
of the internet, and much like we now look back on men with