On Tue, 13 May 2008 at 13:12 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 06:31:53PM +0000, D Hill wrote:

Is there anything in the ports tree I can use to convert AVI and/or MPEG
videos into individual frames as jpg or a different still graphic format?

MPlayer should be able to do that.  By the way, AVI is a container
format, not a codec, and most AVIs use MPEG (in my experience) for video
codec.

Thanks for the info. I had not realized MPlayer does that. Josh Tolbert also made the same suggestion. I shall pursue figuring out how it's done.