Joachim Rosenfeld wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Derek Buttineau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Have you tried using portsnap?  It's a binary snapshot of the ports tree:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/portsnap.html

Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I don't suppose there is something analagous to portsnap for the
source tree? It doesn't matter all that much because I don't update
/usr/src all that open, so running csup(1) when a new version comes
out is not a terribly big pain.

freebsd-update.  Comes with the system, is by the same person who wrote
portsnap.

However, it defaults to doing binary updates of the installed system. You need to tweak the config file if all you want are the system sources.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW