I checked the FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE Hardware Notes before I bought this USB Ethernet device.

It should be supported by the rum driver, but it gets picked up by ugen instead.

The Hardware Notes mentions version 3 and the box says ver 4000, but I think it's probably actually ver 4.

I configured all the devices mentioned in the rum man page and rebuilt the kernel, and rebooted.

I believe it should show up when I invoke ifconfig without args. My other ethernet drivers do.

What am I missing?
--

Steven Friedrich
Fairdale, KY 40118