The laptop has a buildin wireless network, presenting itself during boot
as:

ugen0: <vendor 0x0bda RTL8187B_WLAN_Adapter,
class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00,addr 2> on uhub2

For some reason it is registered as an USB item.

it may be actually USB chip, just soldered on motherboard.

but i can't help you with driver.

I have not been able to find a driver for this, and I know that it can
be tricky to get it up running.

Have any of you guys had any luck with this type of wireless? ..or
should I just stick to a new USB wireless adapter, known to be working in
FreeBSD?

--
Mvh/Brgds Harry
FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT Compiled at Mon May 12 19:58:10 CEST 2008  i386