Derek Ragona wrote:
At 09:10 PM 5/22/2008, Ruel Luchavez wrote:
Hi ALL,

Is it possible in BIND DNS to block images in a certain sites? like for
example the popular friends site ( friendster),
i want to block most images in that site so that client will be irritated
that their images don't load perfectly. but s till
they can visit their site?

Any idea guys?

thans

define in your hosts any host or URL you want to block as the localhost, 127.0.0.1

You can google for whole host files to use to block a bunch of different annoying sites.

I assumed by the OP's original message that this was a workplace-type environment, and figured that he wouldn't want to hand-manage this type of thing.

Also, pardon my ignorance, but if you were to DNS redirect a domain name to a specific IP with BIND, wouldn't you have to create a DNS zone for each domain name?

Steve