I have a UFS filesystem inside a zpool:
tank on /tank (zfs, local)
/dev/zvol/tank/ufs on /mnt/ufs (ufs, local, acls)

If I add that entry (/dev/zvol/tank/ufs) to /etc/fstab, it will try to mount as a critical filesystem on boot, however, because ZFS hasn't yet loaded, this fails and causes all sorts of fun for me. Currently I have that filesystem mounting via a cronjob that checks every minute if it's mounted.. definitely not ideal.

I need this filesystem in /etc/fstab so I can setup quotas on it (if there is some other way to get quotas working, great, point me to a link or two).

So what I'm thinking for a solution is to delay the mount of this filesystem until ZFS has loaded, but I'm not sure of a way to do this with the filesystem in /etc/fstab, and without extensive hacking to one or more rc scripts.

Ideas?