I am continuing to have a problem with PHP crashing. It will not even
print out its version number without a dump. This is an example of the
crash:

~ $ php -v
PHP 5.2.6 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: May 24 2008 13:55:49)
Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

Due to this problem, I cannot update 'pear' or any of the other PHP
related ports. I have tried removing PHP completely and reinstalling
it; however, that has not alleviated the problem. I am now unable to
access phpMyAdmin or other utilities that utilize PHP. I am using the
default port config file with apache support.

I am hoping that someone has an idea of what I could do to correct the
situation.

--
Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer
knowing the value of everything and the Wirth of nothing?