There are several projects (like [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], etc) that let you donate spare CPU power to a specific
cause.

Is there a project that lets you donate spare CPU power to anyone who
needs it? That is, a pool of CPU power that anyone can tap into for
free to run computations that would otherwise take forever?

I realize it's dangerous to let people run random commands on your
system, so this would be limited to pure mathematical functions or
something like that (no disk/network access), w/ donator-specified
limits on memory/etc.

I also realize calling functions over the network is 2 orders of
magnitude slower than calling them in memory, so this would only be
useful if you could distribute a large number of CPU-intensive
parallel function calls.