On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 01:52:05AM -0700, gahn wrote:

> Could any gurus here help me out this? I just want to save the files in the
> home directory so that I can rebuild the system.

Boot with a FreeBSD installation or live CD/DVD and mount the home partition and
burn the files on a CD or DVD, or copy them with scp to an other system or
mount a
remote filesystem like CIFS/Samba/NFS and copy the files on that filesystem.

Or restore them from your most recent backup :)

--
Regards,

Richard.

/* Homo Sapiens non urinat in ventum */