Kurt Buff wrote:
On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Chris Whitehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kelly Jones wrote:
I begrudgingly use a Windows SharePoint server at a customer's request.

I'd like to automate (command-line) updating and creating documents,
lists, etc.

Is there a Unix tool that does this?

I know SharePoint has an "API", which basically spoofs the GET/POST
calls that your browser would make(?).

Has anyone written a Unix command-line tool (or Perl module, etc) that
abstracts this?
Is this what you want?

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Chris

If you want to use some/many/most of the core utils on Windows, you'll
be much better off with http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net

unxutils seems pretty moribund, and I have not been successful
downloading the updates from that site for a while.

Kurt

I'll have a look at these, thanks for the suggestion. I have to say though the unxutils commands that I have used work perfectly well despite their age, don't require cygwin and don't do silly registry things on windows. I need this as I'm using them on a work computer which I am not allowed to install software on :P

Chris