On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 02:04:56PM -0700, Aaron Holmes wrote:
> I have a UFS filesystem inside a zpool:
> tank on /tank (zfs, local)
> /dev/zvol/tank/ufs on /mnt/ufs (ufs, local, acls)
>
> If I add that entry (/dev/zvol/tank/ufs) to /etc/fstab, it will try to
> mount as a critical filesystem on boot, however, because ZFS hasn't yet
> loaded, this fails and causes all sorts of fun for me.
> Currently I have that filesystem mounting via a cronjob that checks
> every minute if it's mounted.. definitely not ideal.
>
> I need this filesystem in /etc/fstab so I can setup quotas on it (if
> there is some other way to get quotas working, great, point me to a link
> or two).
>
> So what I'm thinking for a solution is to delay the mount of this
> filesystem until ZFS has loaded, but I'm not sure of a way to do this
> with the filesystem in /etc/fstab, and without extensive hacking to one
> or more rc scripts.
>
> Ideas?

Adding 'late' flag in "Options" section to the fstab entry may help,
although I don't think it will help with quotas:

        # rcorder /etc/rc.d/*
        [...]
        /etc/rc.d/mountcritlocal
        [...]
        /etc/rc.d/zfs
        [...]
        /etc/rc.d/mountcritremote
        [...]
        /etc/rc.d/quota
        [...]
        /etc/rc.d/mountlate
        [...]

We might consider running rc.d/quota after rc.d/mountlate, not sure if
it won't break something else. I added freebsd-rc@ to CC.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://www.FreeBSD.org