I like Qmail. It's not overly difficult to configure, and it's extensible.

Patrick Baldwin wrote:
Hi all, I've got an older Solaris system running Sendmail for my
mail server right now.  It's about time to replace it, and I'm
thinking FreeBSD might be the best choice of OS for the replacement.

However, it's been some time since I looked into options for mail
servers.  I'm interested in both suggestions for hardware and mail
servers that would make for the best FreeBSD based mail server.

I've only got about two dozen users, though they are all very heavy
users of email.  I'm using IMAP, and I'd like to continue to do so.

Finally, we have quite a few aliases I'd want to port over to a
new server.

Thanks,