On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:19:10AM +0200, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

> Let's say my system has been down for one day. Is it possible to
> automatically (re)start cronjobs on system startup that should have been
> run the day before?

You can write the sccript that your cronjob starts so that it keeps
track of when it was last run and then either have cron run it often
or add it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d to be run at startup.   Then if the
script was run sufficiently recently, just exit - maybe with an
appropriate message/error code.

////jerry