On 2003-02-13 08:57, David Radovanovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I'm reading this right the most suspictious culprit in /dev:
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 root    wheel     68960256 Feb  9 04:04 st0
>
> Any ideas?

It seems that you have used some sort of backup tool to save one or
more backups to /dev/st0 before creating an st0 device node.  Since
you are root, you're allowed to create normal files under /dev.  Just
delete this huge st0 file and create a real device node for it:

        # cd /dev
        # sh MAKEDEV st0

then rerun your backup thingie to save the data to a real tape and not
a file on disk.

> As far as CPAN is concerned, should I delete the files or create a symlink
> like you, to another partition with more space?

I don't use CPAN, but I'd probably move /root/.cpan someplace else and
symlink to it, just in case useful data is still in there.