I am trying to set up remote debugging with gdb. I basically followed the handbook and several other guides I found online: building a custom kernel and setting the correct flags on sio.0.

When I enter into ddb and type gdb I always get "The gdb remote debugging backend could not be selected". Can someone please shed some light on what kind of fault is pointed in this message. Is it a connection problem to the remote gdb or an error in loading the backend in the kernel itself?

I am running 7.0RELEASE.

Oren