On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 11:36:05AM +0530, Subhro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing a strange problem on my systems. I am running
> FreeBSD-6.2-RELEASE-p12. My network interface uses the em driver. I am
> facing a lot of issues where the NFS connections are dying randomly.
> Is there any known bug with the em driver? I am using the SCHED_ULE
> scheduler.
>
> Thanks
> Subhro

Hello Subhro,

I have nothing to add besides a "me too." I ended up replacing my em0 with an
fxp0 and all of my networking issues (watchdog timeouts, link
dropping/reconnection, etc.) disappeared. This may have been flaky hardware.
Do you have another NIC you can try with?

Thanks,

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger
is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either
a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -- Helen Keller