On Jun 1, 2008, at 5:49 PM, Kurt Buff wrote:

As a matter of not going mad - what driver are you using for this printer?

Search the list archives, Gary Kline is the latest to have worked out those specific details. I usually use apsfilter but haven't reinstalled it since the wipe and reinstall of my ports after upgrading to 7.0-stable. Most of my 12,000 pages were printed from MacOS X.

At another location I have a FreeBSD 5.4 or 5.5 machine with something like 600 days of uptime which uses apsfilter, ghostscript via hpdj driver, to the PCL-5 network interface on a Kyocera printer. Ironically the Kyocera has a postscript interface but we never figured out how/who was turning it off.

Know the hooks are there in the print system to enable duplex but haven't made much use of them from FreeBSD. Most all of my 12,000 pages were duplex.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]