I've been getting this in the logs recently on a 6.2 system. No stability issues, but it is concerning.

swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 93, size: 4096
swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: bufobj: 0, blkno: 183, size: 4096

The server has always been under heavy load, but the load isn't any higher lately. And I'm only using like 1324K of swap so it's not like I'm heavily swapping.

It's running off an adaptec based raid and arcconf says it's fine.

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
Hi,

the SMART-status looks ok!

SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

Maybe other applications causes high I/O load?

no reason to fail.

Howto determine this? Other suggestions?

Cheers,
Oskar