On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 at 18:44 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

BTW....bce/bge drivers has known issues that leads to 'watchdog timeout'
NIC reset.
I have same some 6-8 servers with your hardware configuration and we
have ordered them with Intel Gigabit cards especially to avoid above
issue.
Use bce/bge NICs for low traffic interfaces if possible.

How can I see what you are referring to with the bge interfaces? We have a PE6850 that has two bge interfaces. The server's roll is a spam filter server and processes close to 6.5 million messages per day.

However, I don't have the watchdog daemon running.