On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 06:19:26PM -0500, Derek Ragona wrote:

> At 04:36 PM 6/5/2008, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> >
> >Anyone using this?
> >I've used it for a long time on a 6.x box and it worked fine.
> >Recently I had to deactivate it since it seems to lock away every IP which
> >is listed in the logs.
> >Any hint?
> >
> > bye & Thanks
> >        av.
>
> I believe denyhost has been deprecated.  I use /etc/hosts.allow which works
> fine and combines both allow and deny functions in one configuration file.
>
>         -Derek

Derek, I think Andrea meant the port security/denyhosts which monitors
your ssh port and adds dodgy IPs which attack 22 to hosts.allow (I
think - I haven't used it yet). Are you thinking of hosts.deny?

I guess you can configure it as to how it blocks the IPs.

Andrea, have a look at hosts.allow to see how it's blocking those IPs
and you should be able to remove them or relax the rules. You have to
give inetd a HUP to reread hosts.allow.

HTH.

Regards,

--