Well, I can't be sure without seeing your entire routing table, but I
would bet you need to do something more like this:

route add -net 10.0.0.0/24 -iface ipw0
route add default 10.0.0.1
  (or maybe route add default gw 10.0.0.1)

If that doesn't work try giving us the output from your routing table
(netstat -rn).

-Matt