> Hi FreeBSD users
>
> Currently in /usr/ports/sysutils/syslog-ng there is version syslog-ng
> 1.6.12. I need version syslog-ng 1.6.5 (the same as in production
> environment) to test configuration changes.
>
> Is there an archive of the ports tree? Whats the FreeBSD way to
> install this old version integrated in the rest of the system?

Looks through the CVS logs (you can use the web interface or Dan's
freshports: http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/syslog-ng/)

Find the date of the version you want, then configure your supfile
to grab the ports tree from that date.  Something like:
date=2004.08.28.10.00.00
should get what you want.  When cvsup is done running, you'll be
able to run make install from the syslog-ng directory to install
that version ... assuming that distfile is still readily available.
If it's not, you'll have to do some web searches until you find it
manually.  Some projects are really good about keeping old distfiles
around, other are not.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com