On Jun 9, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Adam Bayless wrote:
Caching is off; that will kill performance especially for small transactions. If you've got battery backup for this system, consider enabling the onboard cache...?

Chuck, that made an immediate and huge difference:

# tw_cli set cache c0 u0 on
# dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile
5649235+0 records in
5649234+0 records out
2892407808 bytes transferred in 40.800142 secs (70892102 bytes/sec)

I had no idea having the cache on would be such a night and day difference.

I'm off to order the battery backup card.

Thanks!!!

Excellent! I'm glad that resolved your performance issue, and you're most welcome....

--
-Chuck