fsck_y_enable="YES"

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Michael Grant wrote:

One of my freebsd 6.3 boxes is crashing and when it reboots, it comes
up in single user mode.  Unfortunately, it's a remote box and I don't
have access to a history of the console and there's nothing in
/var/log/messages.  I think it's a hardware problem, or at least it
seems to be.  It's as if it's a bad power supply.

Anyway, what I'd like to know, where is the fsck that is done at
reboot such that I can modify it to do an fsck -y?  Some people will
argue this is dangerous, but I'm not sure what else one would do.  The
goal is to make it reboot without intervention.

Michael Grant