Konrad Heuer wrote:
 > are there any experiences with FreeBSD being an NFSv4 client out there?
 >
 > And furthermore, is there any further development of NFSv4 functionality
 > within FreeBSD to come closer to RFC 3530?

As far as I know (not 100% sure, though), the NFSv4 client
is under active development.  You might have better luck
getting a useful answer on the -fs and/or -hackers lists.

Best regards
   Oliver

 > Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
 > advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
        -- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh