Ryan Coleman wrote:
I'm full of questions, I know... And I haven't been googling well lately but there seem to be a lot of you with a lot of knowledge and you're willing to share (as am I).

This machine is running a D2C E4600 which (as I understand) is a 64-bit cpu, but I'm running fBSD 6.3 which is *not* 64-bit? Might this have anything to do with the crashes? Is there a stable 64-bit version of fBSD I should install? Will it upgrade the 32-bit or should I go from scratch?

6.3 supports 64-bit amd64-compatible CPUs, and stability is on par with the 32-bit version. Besides which, amd64 CPUs are full backwards compatible when run in 32-bit mode, so this is not the source of your problems.

Kris