Zane C.B. wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:11:32 -0500
Ryan Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zane C.B. wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:45:20 -0500
Ryan Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How would I go about slamming the RAM in testing? I was figuring
I'd drop from 4GB to 1GB and just push the board with the same cp
-rvn commands I've been running in an attempt to populate my 7TB
RAID5.

Also, am I using the wrong FS for the RAID? I partitioned it with
gpt (1 large slice) and formatted it with newfs but is there
another way? A better way? I read about ZFS recently but I am
sure the speed of reading from a RAID5 is lost with it's
redundancies.
For something that large, ZFS would be my choice
I take it that's not something I can do after the fact, right? I am
not looking forward to redoing 1.6TB in file copying a second time

Not that I am aware of.

My big reason I would go with ZFS is it would make future updates
easier as you can do it on the fly if the disks are just being added
to a system.
Ok, and since I have all 8 ports used on this SATA RAID controller I
won't worry about it.

I reinstalled 6.3-RELEASE for amd64 and I cannot get the DNS client to
work... I can do one lookup and then it stops working. I am sooooo
frustrated.