Jos Chrispijn wrote:
I use a port that no longer is supported thru the regular ports.

p5-Text-ParseWords-3.1 Parse text into an array of tokens or array of arrays

** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
       - textproc/p5-Text-ParseWords (port directory error)

Have tried to remove it, but then I get the message that there are still other installed programs are using it.

Would the only possibility be that I excluded it from being update by adding it to pkgtools.conf or is there another way to correct this?

Text::ParseWords is provided by the basic perl port -- see, no
installed package:

% pkg_info -Ix ParseWords
pkg_info: no packages match pattern(s)

but the module is still there:

% perl -MText::ParseWords -le 'print $Text::ParseWords::VERSION;'
3.24

What you need to do is force delete the package:

 # pkg_delete -f p5-Text-ParseWords-3.1

and then run

 # pkgdb -Fu

to fix up the broken dependency linkages.  Everything that depended
on p5-Text-ParseWords would already depend on perl anyhow, so just
delete the dependency if pkgdb can't work it out for itself.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW