Abhinav Lele wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use a usb modem (sony ericsson w810i) (gprs).
The dmesg log shows up that the new device has been detected, but I don't
seem to find that in /dev.

I also tried using /dev/cuad0 in ppp configuration file in /etc/ppp but i am
unable to dial

What can be the problem ? ( I already have done kldload ucmodem )
                                                          ^^^^^^^
if that should read `umodem', then device is accessed through `ucom' driver, and ucom(4) manpage lists following devices:
FILES
     /dev/cuaU?
     /dev/ttyU?

If none are present, could you paste your dmesg?

-Abhinav

HTH,
Yuri