On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 08:11:50PM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:05:19 -0400
> Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > All this nonsense about using third party programs to download content
> > from sites such as, but not limited to YouTube, is just unacceptable.
> > If I navigate to a URL, I fully expect to be able to view all of that
> > site's content as easily using FreeBSD as I can using Window's with
> > IE. or even Firefox. Anything less is just not acceptable.
>
> Then you have a few options:
> 1. use windows
> 2. use linux
> 3. use solaris
> 4. buy Adobe
> The latter simply does not support native FreeBSD.
>
> But I agree with you: Flash is not always shit or not needed. Quite a
> few times it gives somthing extra that makes the web more attractive.
> People stating it's advertizing 99% of the time are simply wrong.

Flash is useful, even on business pages.   It can be more efficient at
transmitting certain types of information.  But, businesses that allow
their web designer to supplant his|her ego by putting flash or any other
cute trick in the way of getting business done are failing to manage their
business and are welcome to go ahead and have their business fail.

////jerry