Hello,

I am using freebsd7 on a thinkpad T23 laptop and the ipw driver for
the intel 2100 mini-pci card.  The 7.0 ipw driver works vs. not working
in 6.x . My network consists of an AP+WPA->router+DHCP+DNS->DSL modem.
I have setup wpa_supplicant correctly and everything works. An issue
arises where I need to reassociate occasionally.

If I connect directly to the router, my connection is fine.  If I
connect to the access point, the connection is fine initially then
fails to resolve names and loses the router/gateway.  The odd thing is
that I still have a good connection to the access point (tested with
ping) but no connection to the router (also tested with ping).  If I use
'wpa_cli reassociate' everything starts working again.

What tools are available to help diagnose this issue and what is the
issue?

--
Thank you,
David Gurvich