I'm setting up a pair of machines with almost identical OS config, and completely identical hardware. One is a primary DNS server, the other is secondary. NS1 will also serve web, NS2 will be a mail server. Both are low volume/loads.

It looks like I can use DD to copy an entire drive, but it's a 500G drive and that's going to take a really long time (especially since it's brand new with no data besides base OS).

My question: Is there a better way to duplicate a drive including boot info?

        Brad Mettee
        PC HotShots, Inc.
        Baltimore, MD
        (410) 426-7617

     -> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs. <-
-> Custom Business Software Solutions since 1991 <-

visit http://www.pchotshots.com for information about our company.