--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD fdisk how to?
> To: "Unga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 6:32 PM
> >>
> >> newfs,mount,copy files,umount
> >>
> >> bsdlabel -B disk
> >
> > But this does not create slices, does it?
>
> yes. because slices are not needed if you want freebsd-only
> disk - that's
> why i asked for.

IC, sorry may be I did not make myself clear enough then. The fdisk statement I
ran only with one partition entry is to learn fdisk, that's why I ran in test
mode.

I need at least 2 partitions, one for FreeBSD 7 and other for FreeBSD 8. I need
two slices for that.

I still need to understand clearly how to create slices in FreeBSD. I know 4
slices per disk can be created.

The question is, is what I posted on my first post sufficient to create slices
correctly?

Btw, thank you very much for so many replies without giving up :)

Unga