Hello all,

I know it was a long time ago, but I was talking with a co-worker about why perl was removed from the base in v5 -- I seem to recall a discussion on some mailing list about either the number of arguments or the format of the arguments and/or output of a base perl function having changed between 5.005 and 5.6.1.

Thing is, that's a very vague thing to try to google for, and I can't seem to find it. Are there any old-timers who remember the system call in question?

Please let me know,

-Dan Mahoney