Dear List Members

I am having an issue with a RealTek card for networking. The card in question is recognised by FB alright, as you can see in the pciconf output

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2:8:0: class=0x020000 card=0x311a1385 chip=0x816910ec rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor'
    device     = 'RTL8110SB Single-Chip Gigabit LOM Ethernet Controller'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

But when I do an ifconfig, the result says Media None and No Carrier

re0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=9b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM>
        ether 00:1e:2a:3b:2e:62
        inet x.x.x.x netmask 0xffffffe0 broadcast x.x.x.x
        media: Ethernet none
        status: no carrier

I know for a fact that the cable and the connection is alright -- I tried with other devices (like Laptops and other desktops), and when I plug the cable into the RTL card, the light on the switch shows connection established.

But ifconfig report shows "no carrier" ? ? ?

Any and all help is highly appreciated. I have already CVSupped twice within this week and built world and kernels from scratch as well.

uname -a
FreeBSD **** 7.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE-p1 #3: Thu Jun 12 15:24:40 BST 2008

kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   18 0xc0400000 7bdce8   kernel
 2    2 0xc0bbe000 28588    linux.ko
 3    1 0xc0be7000 7558c4   nvidia.ko
 4    1 0xc133d000 7a88     if_re.ko
 5    1 0xc1345000 6921c    acpi.ko
 6    1 0xc35c5000 4000     nullfs.ko
 7    1 0xc4623000 1e000    smbfs.ko
 8    2 0xc4641000 3000     libiconv.ko
 9    2 0xc4644000 3000     libmchain.ko

All practical suggestions and pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks.