On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 11:46, Shane Hickey wrote:
> Howdy all,
>       My ISP just put in a packetshaper and I am now having problems getting
> CVSUP to work.  I suppose it could be unrelated, but I wanted to see if
> anyone could suggest good troubleshooting steps.  I've tried several
> cvsup servers (cvsup, cvsup2, cvsup7, cvsup8) and they all either fail
> immediately, or shortly thereafter with one of the following errors.
>
> TreeList failed: Network write failure: ChannelMux.ProtocolError
>
> Detailer failed: Network read failure: Input/output error: zlib data
> error

I hadn't gotten any responses, but I just noticed something.  I put my
firewall's outside interface into promiscuous mode for Snort and shortly
thereafter I started getting the following errors.

Feb 14 15:00:37 elijah kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet
length 4
Feb 14 15:00:48 elijah kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet
length 3
Feb 14 15:00:52 elijah kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet
length 4
Feb 14 15:00:53 elijah kernel: ed1: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet
length 3

Now, my question all along has been whether my ISP munged something up
and packets are being corrupted.  Might the errors that I'm seeing be
evidence of that or is it only pointing to the fact that my firewalls
ed1 interface might be screwy?

Thanks,

Shane