In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        Schiz0 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I have another odd problem. Cron refuses to send any emails. Here's
> what DID work:
[...]

I also see this, both on 6-STABLE and 7-STABLE.  I have not tried
8-CURRENT.

This is what I have found so far.  After cron has sent the header
information to sendmail and before it sends the body, cron detects a
SIGPIPE and stops further processing of the cron job.  (This gives the
size=0 in the sendmail log file.)  sendmail then drops the uncompleted
message.

Sadly, I have not had enough time to dig any deeper.  I ended up
patching cron to ignore SIGPIPE and this "fixed" the problem.

I really must make some more time to look into this.

Cheers,
       Nick.