Warren Liddell wrote:
I don't think that is the problem.  Have you tried it as root just as
a test even though it gives you warnings.

I don't know what else to suggest right now.

ed

k3b wont run as root & i guess k3b just dosent like my burner

# k3b
Xlib: No protocol specified

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kded: cannot connect to X server :0.0
kded: ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
Xlib: No protocol specified

k3b: cannot connect to X server :0.0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: Communication problem with k3b, it probably crashed.

Before you try to run k3b as root, from an xterm (or konsole) in KDE. as your normal user, type:
xhost  localhost

(you should get a message like: "localhost being added to access control list")

then su to root and try running k3b.

One note: I have had trouble allowing other hosts (or users) to connect to my X server session when I've used kdm as a login manager. Rather than dig through the configuration, I usually switch to xdm ( edit /etc/ttys) when I need to allow other connections.

Tim