Hi,

I'm using thunderbird to read my mail and I'm not able to open directly the attachments ".pps". Actually I get a lot of file like this for my work, and it's quite boring to have to save them in a directory and then read them with openoffice.

When I try to read them zith tunderbird, the mime type is not recognized, this is an "unknown" type and the application proposed is mplayer (don't ask why...).

Then i could choose the right application and open it, but the button remember the choice is not available, so I have to choose manually the program evertytime, this is also quite boring.

So my questions are:
Why pps file are not recognized as powerpoint file?
Why am I not able to keep remember the choice to open .pps file with openoffice?

Thanks for any help,

Sebastien