Ryan Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't see the need. And I couldn't get 7 to install on my
> brand new machine. Once I got the 6.3 amd64 build it went in
> without an issue.

Just because you could not install 7.0 does not mean 7.0
is flawed.

> I don't see the reason to run the latest and greatest for a
> file/web server. Desktops are one thing, but you can get more
> out of your CPU and RAM with less clutter out of the box.

You make the false assumption that latest and greatest somehow
implies clutter.  You needn't install what you do not use.
This is true for 7.0 as much as it was for 6.3 and prior releases.

I am not questioning your preference for 6.3, but please do not
discourage others from upgrading based on an idiosyncratic problem
you had with the 7.0 installation.

--
Sahil Tandon