On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 06:10:46PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

>       Now that I'm learning to use the GIMP
>       --*thanks* to the patient and thouhtful -questions members who have help
>       me with Layers--now i need to find which typeface(s) looks best.
>
>       i'd be much obliged for the top couple font viewer a apps so i
>       can compare the bunches [scores] of fonts I've  collected?

        i've spent hours looking around (both in ports and via Google)
        and haven't found a font viewer that will let me preview all
        the fonts i've collected.  some are ghostscriptt, others are ttf;
        others are labeled "system fonts"  and the others don't show up
        on the utilities i *have* found. is there a viewer out ther that
        will display all fonts?

        thnks in advance,

        gary