Dear all,

I know this is not Apache's mailing list, but there are so many experts here that I hope someone can help me. I have the following rule:

RewriteRule ^\.*$ /new/index.html

This redirects the base domain to a file called index.html in 'new' folder.

However, what I would really like to achieve is to redirect every php file to /new/index.html, which currently does not work.

I tried modifying the rule like this:

RewriteRule ^\.php$ /new/index.html

However, this rule matches nothing (or at least does not redirect).

How should I accomplish this? I just need to redirect all hits to /new/index.html until a new site is ready.

Many, many thanks in advance!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.LCWords.com