--On July 4, 2008 7:05:04 PM +0200 Zbigniew Szalbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear all,

I know this is not Apache's mailing list, but there are so many experts
here that I hope someone can help me. I have the following rule:

RewriteRule ^\.*$ /new/index.html

This redirects the base domain to a file called index.html in 'new'
folder.

However, what I would really like to achieve is to redirect every php
file to /new/index.html, which currently does not work.

I tried modifying the rule like this:

RewriteRule ^\.php$ /new/index.html

However, this rule matches nothing (or at least does not redirect).

How should I accomplish this? I just need to redirect all hits to
/new/index.html until a new site is ready.

If that's what you want to do, make your ErrorDocument /new/index.html and leave the rewrites alone.

Paul Schmehl
If it isn't already obvious,
my opinions are my own and not
those of my employer.