Quoting Mukarram Syed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,
I am totally new to freebsd and as a Unix admin (not a freebsd unix admin though), I have to recover a lost root password from a freebsd drive.
I need your help!
I have booted up from a freebsd install cd 1. I have connected my freebsd drive in the system. Now I don't know how to mount the drive to edit the /etc/shadow file.
I am at the fixit prompt on the cd.
Can anyone help.  I have tried googling this for the past hour with no luck.
Is there anyother way to do this? I can't login using single user mode though.

thanks much

# mukarram

 Mukarram Syed
[EMAIL PROTECTED]