On Jun 28, 2008, at 13:15 , Anselm Strauss wrote:

Hi,

I have a small router that has no video output, it only supports a serial console. I configured the serial console in /boot/ boot.config, /boot/loader.conf and /etc/ttys. It's working in the BIOS, on the boot prompt before the loader starts, and when logging in on the getty. The only place where it's not working correctly is at the loader prompt. I can see the loader menu and the logo, but I can't choose the boot entry or interrupt the timeout. I can't make any input at all. What could this be?

Cheers,
Anselm

Don't know what this was, but now it works. I use Grub to directly load /boot/loader as kernel. I set the serial console in the BIOS to 115200 Baud. In Grub's menu.lst I then use:

serial --unit=0 --speed=115200
terminal serial

and in /boot/loader.conf:

console="comconsole"