Hello,

Odhiambo Washington:
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Zbigniew Szalbot
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear all,

I am trying to make sure my USB hard drive will be available when system has
finished booting. So:
$ grep usbd /etc/rc.conf
usbd_enable="YES"

and
$ grep backup /etc/fstab
/dev/ad3s1d     /backup ufs     rw      2       2

But when I restart the system (FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE-p1), it complains that it
cannot mount /backup.

mount: /backup: No such file or directory
Mounting /etc/fstab filesystem failed. Startup aborted.

I am sure there is something very simple that I need to do, so I'll
appreciate your suggestions! Thanks!

mkdir /backup

[shaking my head in disbelief...] it should have been so easy! Shame on me :)

Many thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.LCWords.com